I’m Sarah, a 16 year-old high schooler living in Northern Virginia, who has a passion for interior design. Follow along as I make simple DIY projects, organize, (attempt to) cook and everything in between.
I started this blog because I wanted to have some way to share room ideas on a really tight budget, but it has slowly bloomed (and changed names a few times!) ever since.
The way I describe my style is delicate & realistic vintage modern. What I mean by that is I love the colonial style (see below) with a twist of modern (but realistic, ya know what I mean?). I like a balanced mix of the two. It is quite nice.
A bit more about my personal life: I am 75% Irish and 25% German, I am pretty young for my grade, I spend waaaaay too much time on my Pinterest and I love to go to the gym. (Can you guess which one was the lie?!) Also, my favorite subject in school is history.
My design inspirations are Young House Love (I don’t think a post goes by without me mentioning them… not kidding), colonial styles (Williamsburg, VA is one of my favorite places), Nicole Curtis, Jonathan and Drew Scott and pretty much anybody who incorporates a white or tuxedo kitchen into their home.
In no particular order, some random facts:
– My favorite stores are Target, IKEA, Paper Source and Nordstroms.
– My favorite book would have to be The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Or anything by her.
– On that same note, whenever I finish a good book, I ALWAYS cry. It doesn’t even have to be sad, I just don’t like to finish books.
– Brownies are not my thing.
– Gyros are my thing. I could eat them for every meal. Also, Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia. That too I could eat every meal.
– I am a really bad speller and I put way too many commas where they are not supposed to go. It’s weird because my dad is an English teacher.
– My favorite T.V. show is The Office, but since that is not on anymore it is Downton Abbey because I’m a nerd like that. If I’m just watching T.V., I will go to HGTV and hope to find the Property Brothers or Rehab Addict (see favorite design inspirations above). Fun fact: I have been watching HGTV for fun (a.k.a not because my mom is watching it) since I was about 11.
– My favorite color is blue.
– I love to babysit. The younger the kids, the better to me.
– If I didn’t want to be a teacher, I would want to live in D.C., but since life doesn’t want me to be wealthy I want to live in Richmond (VA) or somewhere in Maryland (as close to D.C. as possible!)
– I have recently been fascinated in the science of happiness.
– He doesn’t know it yet, but I will soon be married to Ryan Reynolds. For him, I would be willing to be polygamist.
one of the best day s of my life.
Thanks for reading!