“Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank
Universal Studios, my amazing agent, Mr. Steven Spielberg for casting me, Blogger, Pinterest and oh, gosh, everyone else that I am forgetting for getting me here today.”
A few things:
a. Yes, I took this a little seriously
b. Sorry for my chicken scratch. My printer is broken.
c. Look at how fancy I am with the piece of paper that I drew the award on taped to the Statue of Liberty.
Getting a little more serious, Abby over at The Preppy Coxswain nominated me for a Liebster Award (thanks!) which is an award system to help find new blogs that have less than 200 followers. Cool, right?
Along with a nomination to help grow your blog a few questions are asked to help new bloggers out a little. And here they are now:
1. What is your favorite accessory for the Winter? Summer?
Winter: I love me some cozy sweaters and a good headband.
Summer: Recently I have been really into statement necklaces. I always thought that you had to have like 983,252 to have one to match a lot of outfits. I guess something switched because I have been obsessing over so many that I think would go with many outfits.
2. Why did you start blogging and what do you like/dislike about it?
I started blogging because of (you guessed it!) Young House Love. When I saw how hard they worked and all of the creative ideas they had I was sort of thinking to myself, “Hey! I could do that!” I have always loved interior design and with my new room underway I thought that it would be the perfect time to start one.
My favorite thing about blogging is that it gets me motivated. When I take pictures of my room or a project I notice how messy I typically am and even though I don’t clean it up all of the time I remember that it is going to go on the Internet and people that I don’t know are going to see the slob that I am. Also, if I want to do a project and I put it off, I remember that people are waiting for a post, which actually leads me to what I dislike about it. I will put something off and be sitting in the middle of class and the fact that I haven’t posted in five days won’t leave my head. I also procrastinate doing homework by writing a post.
3. If you had one word to describe yourself what would it be?
Different. Sure I love Pretty Little Liars, shopping and Instagram as much as the next teenage girl, but I have definitely noticed that I don’t know too many people in my grade that have an interior design blog, get totally confused by Twitter, actually like using correct grammar and capitalization and would rather spend quality time going to breakfast and talking with my family than sleeping in. My favorite magazine is Real Simple. My dream car is an Acura MDX. Oh, and I could definitely spend at least one week apart from my phone. Done it before, can do it again. *Don’t get me wrong, I completely love who I am and I think that- as cheesy as it sounds- that is more important than trying to blend in with the crowd.
4. What is your dream job?
You guys know that I want to be an American History teacher for high school students, but what I have actually been thinking about lately is in my free time (summer, weekends) I would absolutely love to flip houses. Not a complete shocker, but still. I think that if I take a course or two about that in college I would be one happy girl.
5. What is your favorite quote?
Dr. Seuss all the way. For quite a few years now I have loved “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” I have also been loving “Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” …and of course “live simply.” If you are like me and love a good quote follow my Pinterest board to see what I’m pinnin’.
6. Silver or gold?
Silver used to be my thing (and I still love it for engagement and wedding rings) but gold 100%. Spray painted, jewelry and accent pieces look so stunning in gold.
7. What are three things on your wish list right now?
1. A MacBook. I am a little halfway into saving up for one but that has been on my wishlist for a whole lotta years. I have been (and always will be) an Apple kinda gal. Windows= not for me. iPhone, iPad, iAnything. We were meant to be together.
2. Tory Burch flats or sandals. It’s the preppy-ness in me. I think once I get a steady paycheck that will be my first big splurge, but we’ll see.
3. Travel more. I guess I got the traveling bug from my family. My sister is traveling the world and I have a ton of aunts and uncles and cousins who have lived abroad and traveled to many different countries around the earth. Someday I would love to go to Ireland, Greece, Spain, Britain, Istanbul, South Africa, France and many different places in South America. Obviously that is a lot of time and money that I do not have right now so we’ll see what happens in the future.
8. What trait is your biggest strength?
I have great patience. Don’t know where I get it from because you would not say that my parents are the most patient people, but if you put me in a room with 50 screaming toddlers I could handle it without pulling a single strand of hair out.
9. What trait is your biggest weakness?
As I said before I am an extreme procrastinator. I should probably study for midterms right now…
10. What if your biggest fear?
THE DARK. Oh goodness. It terrifies me. I start shaking if I go downstairs to get some water at night. I have tried everything but I can’t get over this irrational fear of kidnappers coming and taking me. I have no idea why because I live in a very safe neighborhood. It’s weird.
11.What advice would you give to someone just starting up their blog?
The other day I was reading some forum or something and I saw a comment that said something like “I have wanted to start a blog for a few years, but it seems like everyone has one now.” Ok, blogs are about documenting what you want for yourself. It is not for the viewers. If magically one day you find yourself having the coolest blog on the block, great! If not, you will be so glad that you started one because it is something so special to look back on in the future. You can also change the settings so that the “Blog Author” is the only person who can access what you’ve written. Simple.
So the rules are the I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, but you know me I am very picky when it comes to blogs. Instead of 11 I am going to do… 1. Caitlin at the Picket Fence Projects.
So Caitlin, I have been assigned to ask you 11 questions. What you are then supposed to do is answer the questions on your blog (linking back to me for nomiating you) and then nominate your own 11 people and make up your own 11 questions. Ready?
1.Why did you start blogging and would you re-name your blog if you could go back?
2. What is one pet peeve of yours?
3. Are you a Windows or Apple person?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. What are your favorite pair of shoes?
6. If there was a movie made about you, who would you want to cast as yourself?
7. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
8. What kind of camera do you own?
9. Do you think you would ever get your own domain name if your blog got really popular?
10. Would you pay to get your blog designed?
11. If you had to change one thing about your house, what would it be?
Thanks, Abby, for nominating me and I’m excited to see your answers, Caitlin!
** Attention all Blogger users: Is Blogger acting up as much with you as it has with me? Ughhh **